Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
World faces 80% calorie increase by end of the century.
https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-50856049

I believe that obesity is increasing greatly as years pass, and there is multiple studies on this as well. People will continue to eat more food, as I believe the human race is eating more food than we need to sustain life. The reason for an increase in calories from 2010 is because of an increase in height and weight in the population. As I believe way back hundreds of years ago, even less. We survived off of way less calories than we do now and humans would do more activity and get more exercise. The human population is much more overweight now then it used to be and I believe it is becoming a problem or even already is a problem. Does anyone have anything to add regarding the increase of calories every year and decade?
it this a global increase in obesity or an obesity increase in developed countries
One of the real contributor to the increase in obesity is the high volume of high calorie dense junk foods that are consumed by the overweight people. Some people are undisciplined and will eat a large amount of calories without actually using the energy then it becomes stored as fat. I believe this may become more of a problem as the world population increases and people are unmotivated to eat healthy.
(12-27-2019, 04:57 PM)Idris_A Wrote: it this a global increase in obesity or an obesity increase in developed countries
Yes, and we would need to find a way to help them stop eating food that's bad for them, we should start with children, we should stop showing them fast food but "real" food like the ones back in the day. Also start teaching them to cook food that isn't frozen like pizza or chicken wings, and to make this work they would be encouraged to eat some of that on rare occasions or once in two weeks or so.
It's a problem that we have to face, we kind of started it with the invention of fast food, everyone is eating fast food, it kind of reminds me of how the polygraph was used as a lie detector, but the inventer himself didn't create it for that purpose, like fast food I think it was just for people travelling who don't have time to make food and if their hungry they can eat fast food but people now eat it too much, using it to replace actual meals. What do you think, did humanity went too far with fast food?
Once again, we can all see the consequences of the world's growing population. This is really sad as these problems are most likely to keep piling up on each other.
(12-27-2019, 05:33 AM)LydiaKlok Wrote: https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-50856049

I believe that obesity is increasing greatly as years pass, and there is multiple studies on this as well. People will continue to eat more food, as I believe the human race is eating more food than we need to sustain life. The reason for an increase in calories from 2010 is because of an increase in height and weight in the population. As I believe way back hundreds of years ago, even less. We survived off of way less calories than we do now and humans would do more activity and get more exercise. The human population is much more overweight now then it used to be and I believe it is becoming a problem or even already is a problem. Does anyone have anything to add regarding the increase of calories every year and decade?

I agree that obesity is a growing problem in developed countries however a big contributor to this is simply circumstance. People in poverty are especially at risk because junk food is simply cheaper and more convenient than the foods required for a healthy diet. In lower income areas, there is a much greater concentration of fast food outlets than in higher income areas. Children are at a higher risk of diabetes (type 2) if their parents are effected and pass their lifestyle choices on.
I do believe that obesity is becoming a huge problem especially in our society and it has so many cons to it in many different ways. Obesity is a serious concern because it is associated with the fact of having a poorer mental health outcomes, reduced quality of life, and the leading causes of death worldwide, including diabetes, heart disease, stroke, and some types of cancer. many individuals nowadays also believe that they should then behind starving themselves to lose weight fast, and that is one of the worst ways possible that you could do that. I in fact just heard yesterday when walking around school these two girls talking about starting this “diet” that is in fact not a diet whatsoever because it includes only eating 400-500 calories a day. that is so dangerous and the worst way possible that a person could lose weight and is so dangerous to ur actually health being because ya you might lose a couple pounds and you feel so great but you would probably then start getting exhausted everyday because it’s so unhealthy for your body. when you then decide to start eating regular amounts of food again you then just gain all that weight back or even more weight then before because ur body doesn’t want to go through all that pain again so it packs it away in case you start starving urself again. I believe that if people want to lose weight than that should be their decision and yes people are allowed to have opinions on it but I do not believe in making people feel like they are required to lose weight to feel pretty and this is such a huge problem in today’s society especially when it comes to girls putting each other’s down because one has a better body than someone else. if you are happy the way you look then keep it that way and if you want to lose weight because of obesity problems then you should in fact do it properly and in a safe and healthy way.
To be honest most of this calories are from healthy food. Fast food are supposed taste better than healthy food and are actually getting more affordable so due to this obesity will be increasing more and more