Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Death 'spread by Humans'
After analyzing the article, the first thing that struck me was how easily human perception of the past, or that of definitive history, can change almost instantaneously. For so long, scientists and historical minds were certain that a plague in which killed over 25 million people was to blame for a mere rodent. I, myself, was taught within social studies that the Bubonic plague, otherwise known as the black death, was due to rodent infestations, specifically flea ridden rats, within Europe. In my opinion, it is very fascinating how the human mind can develop technologies that not only allow us to delve deeper into historical tragedies such as the Black Plague, yet almost instantaneously re-write it altogether. I also agree with both Nicole's in saying that as technologies develop, who are we to know what definitively happened within the past without exploring every single possibility? If a major part of European history can be sourced from human's instead of rats, then is not all history before technology up for question? I believe that if we are able to create machines and techniques to find answers about the timeline of human history, we should place more resources, people and time into doing so.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Black Death 'spread by Humans' - by sarahfabris - 01-17-2018, 02:12 PM