Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alzheimer's Research
Although Alzheimer’s is the most common form of dementia found in adults, there is little known about how to treat it or it’s cause. Alzheimer’s begins with anterograde amnesia, or not being able to form new memories. As the disease progresses there is now retrograde amnesia, or the forgetting of old memories. The loss of memory becomes more and more severe over time and, eventually, a person with Alzheimer’s will forget virtually everything that they experience or have experienced. It is known that when a person has Alzheimer’s, the neurotransmitter that is responsible for forming new memories (which is known as acetylcholine) begins to break down. As of right now, there are treatments that can slow Alzheimer’s but none that can put a stop to it, or reverse it. I hope that this million dollar prize will give scientists a little more motivation in their research. Using the money prize, I hope that scientists will be able to go in the right direction and eventually find some leads as to what the cause of Alzheimer’s is, or to find some new treatment options. In the end, I also believe that, with many different scientists studying at many different angles, we will be able to discover new things about Alzheimer’s and different types of dementia very soon. I hope that we will be able to find a cure or a way to stop Alzheimer's soon.

Messages In This Thread
Alzheimer's Research - by sarahfabris - 03-07-2018, 02:05 PM
RE: Alzheimer's Research - by Brett Merkosky - 03-08-2018, 12:37 AM
RE: Alzheimer's Research - by shaylavo - 03-28-2018, 07:04 PM