Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
supernova 1987A; blob hides long sought remnant from star blast
Smile 
Scientists have finally tracked down the dead remains of the Supernova 1987A-which was a star that had exploded. For years, scientists and astronomers have been searching for the location. This 'blob' that scientists refer to caused a struggle in finding the location. the blob is found as being hotter than its surroundings. this blob is thought to be heated by a star that was - what scientists think- created in the supernova. its pretty crazy to think about how scientists can get all of this information and make a whole bunch of equipment and technology to find all of this information. I find this really amazing and mind blowing, would anyone else agree? 
the explosion was first discovered in 1987- as for its name supernova 1987A- the brightest and closest supernova to be seen in 400 years, and the supernova1987A explosion happened about 168,000 light years from earth. I read this and was amazed that we were able to find out all of that information. I am surprised by the human race and where we have come. Does anyone have any opinions on this and also regarding the ability to find information as such? 
https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-50473482

Messages In This Thread
supernova 1987A; blob hides long sought remnant from star blast - by LydiaKlok - 11-20-2019, 02:17 PM