Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
World faces 80% calorie increase by end of the century.
(12-27-2019, 05:33 AM)LydiaKlok Wrote: https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-50856049

I believe that obesity is increasing greatly as years pass, and there is multiple studies on this as well. People will continue to eat more food, as I believe the human race is eating more food than we need to sustain life. The reason for an increase in calories from 2010 is because of an increase in height and weight in the population. As I believe way back hundreds of years ago, even less. We survived off of way less calories than we do now and humans would do more activity and get more exercise. The human population is much more overweight now then it used to be and I believe it is becoming a problem or even already is a problem. Does anyone have anything to add regarding the increase of calories every year and decade?

I agree that obesity is a growing problem in developed countries however a big contributor to this is simply circumstance. People in poverty are especially at risk because junk food is simply cheaper and more convenient than the foods required for a healthy diet. In lower income areas, there is a much greater concentration of fast food outlets than in higher income areas. Children are at a higher risk of diabetes (type 2) if their parents are effected and pass their lifestyle choices on.

Messages In This Thread
RE: World faces 80% calorie increase by end of the century. - by Sydney Stiles - 01-07-2020, 01:43 AM