Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Artificial Intelligence
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-41775968

In this article, they are showing how Artificial Intelligence was able to beat the Captcha Test, which means the "Completely Automated Public Turning test to tell Computers and Humans Apart. This shows how Vicarious' Artificial Intelligence or A.I. is continually adapting and improving itself to become better. It mics the actual brain process that humans go through when doing these tests and is made to beat them. This article proves the power for A.I. as the Captcha Test was made to stop it but it overcame that obstacle. Another company that is actively trying to improve and push artificial  intelligence is Elon Musk's OpenAI which is a non-profit AI research company that is discovering and enacting the path to safe artificial general intelligence. An example of OpenAI would be when they created a AI for a video game in which it has never played before and within an hour it beat the worlds best player. However even though there are companies and people that are pushing to this race of artificial intelligence there are also people that disagree. An important figure in tech, Mark Zuckerberg, believes that supporting and developing artificial intelligence is very irresponsible and how it could be a threat to our security and well being as a society. I believe we should be pushing artificial intelligence into our society but have the right precautions for the worst. It has amazing possibilities and can improve a lot of our most important services.

What are your guys thoughts on Artificial Intelligence, should we support and bring it into society or should we stay away from it and its possibilities?
(10-30-2017, 03:02 AM)Arsh Bains Wrote: http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-41775968

In this article, they are showing how Artificial Intelligence was able to beat the Captcha Test, which means the "Completely Automated Public Turning test to tell Computers and Humans Apart. This shows how Vicarious' Artificial Intelligence or A.I. is continually adapting and improving itself to become better. It mics the actual brain process that humans go through when doing these tests and is made to beat them. This article proves the power for A.I. as the Captcha Test was made to stop it but it overcame that obstacle. Another company that is actively trying to improve and push artificial  intelligence is Elon Musk's OpenAI which is a non-profit AI research company that is discovering and enacting the path to safe artificial general intelligence. An example of OpenAI would be when they created a AI for a video game in which it has never played before and within an hour it beat the worlds best player. However even though there are companies and people that are pushing to this race of artificial intelligence there are also people that disagree. An important figure in tech, Mark Zuckerberg, believes that supporting and developing artificial intelligence is very irresponsible and how it could be a threat to our security and well being as a society. I believe we should be pushing artificial intelligence into our society but have the right precautions for the worst. It has amazing possibilities and can improve a lot of our most important services.

What are your guys thoughts on Artificial Intelligence, should we support and bring it into society or should we stay away from it and its possibilities?
If an algorithm can beat the Captcha test and can develop a human like ability, what is stopping AI creators from developing algorithms in which allow them to mimic the human mind to the point to which they can develop a human-like persona or have the ability to perform tasks that have previously been thought to be exclusively a human task that can only be performed by man? Will artificial intelligence grow to the point where it is not only helpful, but can become dangerous to the point that anyone can access classified information through the click of a mouse? If so, what is stopping individuals from taking part in an internet based war of dangerous information leaks used as propaganda against businesses, government or even other countries? In the article it is revealed that in 2013 various failed captcha tests allowed hackers to access information from sites such as paypal and google. Therefore, captcha tests increased in difficulty, and saying that now AI can beat it, will it be possible in the future to create a new test that an algorithm cannot crack? In my opinion, yes artificial intelligence can be useful and a great leap within these technologies can mean a new world of possibilities, however, as the internet and technology become increasingly easier to reach and access, more and more people may be able to develop ways around security that may place numerous individuals at risk for things such as identity theft. Therefore, ye AI is helpful, but has to be carefully monitored.