Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New diet to solve climate change
I think this Flexitarian diet would need to be implemented over the course of years, (or however long we have before the earths climate is irreversible). The huge amounts of land used by the  beef industry would need to be downsized, and most of it would have to be converted to agricultural land, used to grow crops, if it is fertile. It is a whole other problem in itself just to take down the huge beef industry in the USA legally. This method to reduce greenhouse gas emissions seems, in my opinion, one of the better, less drastic methods to help reverse climate change (compared to converting everywhere in the world to electric cars, and dealing with the very powerful automotive companies). I understand people's diets are all different, some people love eating meat everyday. But this sacrifice is for the greater good, and by comparison, a small sacrifice to literally save earth. The really hard part may be if this diet affects people's religions. Even if people do not change to this diet for religious reasons, those who do will most definitely benefit the earth's climate.

Messages In This Thread
RE: New diet to solve climate change - by Blake Cherpin - 10-22-2018, 01:12 PM