Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2400 Year Old Sunken Ship Found Intact
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45951132

This article is about a ship from approximately 2400 years ago, that was recently discovered at the bottom of the Black Sea, close to the country of Bulgaria. The discoverers of the ship were shocked to find that the boat's rudder, rowing benches and even the contents of the hold had not been destroyed. The ship's design closely resembles a vessel that decorates many ancient Greek vases. The reason the ship has remained intact for over 2000 years is because, at its extreme depths, the water does not contain any oxygen. And, at over 2000 m below the surface, it is well out of the reach of any modern divers.

Unfortunately, the research team is unable to explore the boat anymore at the moment because they do not have enough funding to do so. I believe that this is a worthy cause to spare some money for, as it will teach us a great deal about what the world was like for ancient humanity. If we want to find out more about this ancient boat, we must help to fund the researchers.
I agree that it is a worthy cause to spare money towards because I believe that we would be able to learn a lot from it. From this ship, we can try to figure out new things like what might have went wrong. We can also take a closer look of the ship to see what other things may still be on or in it.
(11-01-2018, 10:32 AM)Zachary Tavares Wrote: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45951132

This article is about a ship from approximately 2400 years ago, that was recently discovered at the bottom of the Black Sea, close to the country of Bulgaria. The discoverers of the ship were shocked to find that the boat's rudder, rowing benches and even the contents of the hold had not been destroyed. The ship's design closely resembles a vessel that decorates many ancient Greek vases. The reason the ship has remained intact for over 2000 years is because, at its extreme depths, the water does not contain any oxygen. And, at over 2000 m below the surface, it is well out of the reach of any modern divers.

Unfortunately, the research team is unable to explore the boat anymore at the moment because they do not have enough funding to do so. I believe that this is a worthy cause to spare some money for, as it will teach us a great deal about what the world was like for ancient humanity. If we want to find out more about this ancient boat, we must help to fund the researchers.

I also agree that we should invest into this boat and it will tells us about the history of our people and how there technology was back then. It is always good to discover more about human history and what ideas and inventions they made to cross the ocean during 2400 years or even how rough it might of been for transportation during that time.