Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
World's longest DNA sequence decoded
https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-46046024 

The article is talking about who did it (i mean good for him but that's not what I want to talk about), it also talks about what the technology is called (if you want to read more in that be my guest), but what interests me the most is that Dr. Loose had made an entire chromosome into a reading which could lead us to read our chromosomes and cropping and replacing it as we wish later on, but naturally this might be a good thing but there are chances that this become abused and becoming a BAD thing and might be an undoing for humanity with consequences that we might not know.

share your ideas/thoughts below 
because I want to know if anyone thinks that we should change our DNA to become a perfect human or is it our faults that make us human, well I can't wait to see what your guy's opinion is.
I think messing with our DNA could seem beneficial at first, but over time, everyone would be too similar and be too perfect. Imagine a world full of fake people who do not have to put in any effort to look better or accomplish their goals, such as weight loss, muscle gain, etc. You could not tell who worked hard for what they have, and who was just genetically modified at birth. The way I see it, it would only be beneficial to make minor adjustments to our DNA, such as increased resistance to diseases. Too much modification seems bad, and we do not know its consequences long term.