Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mass wildlife loss caused by human consumption
https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-46028862

This article talks about how our human consumption is casing a massive drop in global wildlife populations in the recent decades. The WWF (World Wildlife Fund) even stated that the earth is losing biodiversity at a rate only seen during mass extinctions and that it urges policy makers to set new targets for sustainable development. This change is being driven by ever-increasing food production and the increased demand for energy, land and water. Countries such as Canada, The United States, Russia, Australia and more have too high consumption rates and these to be lowered to keep wildlife sustainable. 

We are consuming to many natural resources and we need to cut down on what we use to prevent damaging or endangering the wildlife around us. I recommend we should utilize our resources for example; using less electricity, start car pooling or use the bus, cut down less trees and use what we need, start regrowing forests and for food company's to produce the food that is needed and not overextend the food supplies. There is no need to overextend the amount we need for natural resources as the result would end in the mass loss of wildlife which then leads to us have even less resources to use in the future generations. We should act now as if it continues to be like this we could eventually have a mass extinction for various types of animals or plant life causing us to resort to other resources.
It is upsetting to see and hear how our human consumption and impact on the Earth is causing a massive drop in global wildlife populations. It is disheartening that our increasing food production and the increased demand for energy, land and water are killing animal populations and ruining our Earth. I agree that we should start utilize our resources better, like using less electricity, car pooling, using the bus, cutting down less trees, and start regrowing more forests. I believe that if everyone comes together to do little things then eventually it will all add up and make a difference to the Earth. We should be thinking about the future because it will be too late if we leave it all until the last minute.
(11-01-2018, 11:53 AM)Vanessa Angotti Wrote: It is upsetting to see and hear how our human consumption and impact on the Earth is causing a massive drop in global wildlife populations. It is disheartening that our increasing food production and the increased demand for energy, land and water are killing animal populations and ruining our Earth. I agree that we should start utilize our resources better, like using less electricity, car pooling, using the bus, cutting down less trees, and start regrowing more forests. I believe that if everyone comes together to do little things then eventually it will all add up and make a difference to the Earth. We should be thinking about the future because it will be too late if we leave it all until the last minute.

I also agree, countries need to start downsizing the impact they have on wildlife, cut back on deforestation, and respect animals' natural habitats. More action needs to be made to help rehabilitate endangered species back into the wild. Humans as a whole need to realize what we have been doing to the earth and its animals all these years, and make appropriate steps to reverse what has been done, or as much as possible.
Although i believe humans should cutback on animal consumption, it is an unavoidable problem humanity will always be facing until we can find a way to sufficiently nourish all humans without the use of animals.  Plants take very specific conditions to grow in, resulting in possible shortages if we turn to plants as Earths full-time food source.