Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Satellites Warn African Farmers of Pest Infestations
I think what Prise is doing and what their goals are is an awesome step towards solving a huge world issue, poverty. By using technology and the knowledge we have, humankind was able to make something that has proven to help one of the poorest and proverty ridden areas in the world. The organization Prise is a great example of why portions of tax payers dollars go towards the funding of space exploration and technology, it is showing that the advances in what we know about space, the world and the instruments and technologies we have are all interconnected and have the abiity to hpefully solve, but if not decrease the severity of our world issues. Not only is Prise showing people why we need to support the expansion of our knowledge of space and the tools we have, it is also working towrds helping people in effiecient ways. Like it was said above, Prise is teaching farmers in Africa and Asia how to actually make money and create a functioning farm, rather than providing them directly with the things they need. With this being said though, I think it is still necessary for organizations like the Blue Cross to go into these countries and provide things like medical care and education opposed to having just organizations like Prise. I think there needs to be a balance between the two in that, while receiving things like medical care and food, people are getting educated about how they can become a doctor and how they can have successful farms.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Satellites Warn African Farmers of Pest Infestations - by Tamara Taylor - 12-01-2018, 08:18 AM