Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Siberian unicorn" walked Earth with humans
https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-46358789

This article is about an extinct species of rhino, now referred to as "the unicorn rhino", that lived on Earth up to about 39000 years ago. It is known as the unicorn rhino because of the big horn that stuck our of its head. This species of rhino was originally believed to have gone extinct around 100000 years ago, but new evidence shows that the rhino actually survived for a lot longer than that. Scientists believed that the rhino died out because it was too much of a picky eater, and did not last long after the Ice Age. 

Scientists are confident that learning about the "unicorn rhino" will teach us a lot about the remaining rhinos on Earth, and how to keep them from going extinct as well. Today, only five remaining species of rhino remain, and few survive in the wild due to things such as poaching and habitat destruction. As humans, we can not let another species go extinct. We must do all we can to keep the rhino on this planet.
I agree with you, I believe that we should be doing our best to keep all species on this planet safe. Big organizations are constantly destroying animal habitats which leads the species to decrease in numbers considering they are unfamiliar with a habitat that is not their own. Making sure that all species are safe should be a priority of ours, considering our society is the cause for most species extinction. There are only 5 more species of rhino and as a society I believe that we should take all precautions to ensure the existence of these rhinos.
I agree and I believe that it is our responsibility to take care of all of the animals in the world. So many animals have gone extinct or are endangered. Humans are probably a really big factor in some or even most of the extinctions. I don't think that it is right for humans to allow animals to go extinct. Instead, we should be trying to find ways to save the animals so they don't go endangered and then extinct. We should be looking for ways to save the remaining rhinos. I think as a group, we can save the remaining rhinos and even other endangered animals if we all work together as a society.
(12-01-2018, 12:05 PM)Vanessa Angotti Wrote: I agree and I believe that it is our responsibility to take care of all of the animals in the world. So many animals have gone extinct or are endangered. Humans are probably a really big factor in some or even most of the extinctions. I don't think that it is right for humans to allow animals to go extinct. Instead, we should be trying to find ways to save the animals so they don't go endangered and then extinct. We should be looking for ways to save the remaining rhinos. I think as a group, we can save the remaining rhinos and even other endangered animals if we all work together as a society.

I also agree with you as sometimes animals can't help themselves so we must give them a lending hand. We should be avoiding any of the animals in our current day to go extinct as they are amazing animals and in our society it can be really easy to cause a species of animals to go extinct. I agree that we should be saving the remaining rhinos as they are the only rhinos that will be on earth so we should make sure they are still here and not let this animal go extinct like previous animals in the past. We have the knowledge and technology to recover the rhinos population to back to the way it originally was and avoiding extinction.