Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The dangers of solar storms
https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-46260959
This post talks about the threat that solar storms have for human.
huge solar storms have been recorded to cause mines off coasts of countries to just explode on its self.
Scientists estimate that huge solar storms like this happen once every 100 year
planning ahead: scientists have to look at the sun closely to monitor it satellites tend to fail when a solar storm happens so they can predict it up to six hour before it happens
solar storms are becoming a huge problem that even the UK has put it on their risk factor list in recent years.
I believe that these solar storms can be a big factor in human behaviour, scientists say that solar storms can affect our bodies in ways that can harm us such as headaches, mood swings, as well as confused thinking which will affect humans in our everyday lives. I think that as a society we should all become more aware of the damage that solar storms can do to humans. I believe if scientist can learn more about solar storms and if they can begin to predict that storm a couples hours or maybe even days away, we will have more time to prepare for the effects that the solar storm might have on us.
I have read that these solar storms have the potential affect our daily lives. I heard they can interfere / damage our electronic devices here on earth rendering them useless. This is why some companies / governments keep essential information and machinery in protective rooms (such as lead rooms) which protect the contents from the harmful solar storms.
I agree that if scientists are able to find out more about solar storms, they should do whatever it takes to do this. Solar storms can be catastrophic for humans, so we need to do as much as we can to find out more information about them, and attempt to give a warning to people before they hit.
(11-28-2018, 03:26 PM)BenNourse Wrote: https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-46260959
This post talks about the threat that solar storms have for human.
huge solar storms have been recorded to cause mines off coasts of countries to just explode on its self.
Scientists estimate that huge solar storms like this happen once every 100 year
planning ahead: scientists have to look at the sun closely to monitor it satellites tend to fail when a solar storm happens so they can predict it up to six hour before it happens
solar storms are becoming a huge problem that even the UK has put it on their risk factor list in recent years.

I believe that it is good that scientist are planning ahead for solar storms as they can really mess up our technology which can lead to earth systems turning off, which could affect hospitals, or even causing an explosion like you said with the mines. It is good that our atmosphere is protecting us from the potential danger from solar winds but our technology isn't safe from these storms. If scientists can predict these solar winds they can take action into preventing our technology from becoming faulty.