Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Winter Is Shrinking?
(12-19-2018, 12:07 PM)Vanessa Angotti Wrote: I think that we should start taking serious measures to try to stabilize the temperature instead of constantly increasing it. The choices we make now will determine how much the planet's temperature will continue to rise. Higher temperatures mean that heat waves are likely to happen more often and last longer. Heat waves can be dangerous, causing illnesses such as heat cramps, heat stroke, and possibly even death. Increasing air temperature affects the oceans, weather patterns, snow and ice, and plants and animals. The warmer it gets, the more severe the impacts on people and the environment will be. Climate change is serious because once we lose ecosystems, animals, and even icecaps we will never be able to go back and fix it so we should try to fix it while we can. I believe that we may not be able to completely fix everything, but I do believe that we can start to change the way we do things. I think that we should start to utilize our resources better, like using less electricity, car pooling, using the bus, cutting down less trees. I believe that if everyone comes together to do little things then eventually it will all add up and make a difference to our Earth and to the climate. We should be thinking about the future because it will be too late if we leave it all until the last minute. I also think that this information could definitely be used as a sort of eye opener for those who still find it to be a fluke that our earth seems to be increasing in heat at a fairly consistent basis.

I also agree with you as we should be trying to avoid getting the earth more warmer as once the polar gaps and ecosystems start to die out, we can't bring them back. We should be avoiding the overuse of greenhouse gases, pollution and electricity as all of these will result in global warming and begin to heat up the earth. We should start to take action now then later because we don't know when it will be too late to even try to stop the world from heating up.

Messages In This Thread
Winter Is Shrinking? - by Tamara Taylor - 12-14-2018, 08:17 AM
RE: Winter Is Shrinking? - by Vanessa Angotti - 12-19-2018, 12:07 PM
RE: Winter Is Shrinking? - by Tamara Taylor - 12-20-2018, 03:27 PM
RE: Winter Is Shrinking? - by Matthew Ahmadi - 12-22-2018, 04:31 PM