Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DEVASTATION - Paris' most Notorious Landmark in Ruins
This is such an important part of history and it is truly heartbreaking to see it go down. One of the things that I am wondering about is all the money that is being donated to Notre-Dame. It has been said that it is approaching 900 euros which have been raised in relief efforts. While this is great and it is wonderful to see how a community is being formed and they're coming together for the greater good, there are so many other causes that money could have gone to. While I'm not saying this isn't a great cause, there are so many other causes that could have been greatly impacted by all this money being donated. Francois-Henri Pinault, the head of many luxury companies pled 100 million euros while the fire was still blazing. There are pictures of starving children or poverty-stricken countries in dire need of money that don't get half this amount of money. Again, I'm not saying money being pledged for rebuilding this historical building is a bad thing, but I think there are other causes that need this type of money too.

Messages In This Thread
RE: DEVASTATION - Paris' most Notorious Landmark in Ruins - by Sarah Zaffino - 05-01-2019, 11:03 AM