Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Washington Legalizes Human Composting
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48359571

Washington is the first state to legalize human composting, new legislation allows people to choose to have their bodies turned into compost soil after they die much like cremation. I think giving people the option is great and if anyone wanted to have their body repurposed this is a viable option. It's also a more environmentally friendly alternative to cremation seeing as the process of creating the human compost only involves leaving the body in a steel container with alfalfa and wood chips for 30 days to decompose. Some concerns are that the process could be very expensive and right now there are only a few places in Washington that offer it as an option. As more states legalize the process I think this could become common practice although many people hold religious and spiritual value in placinging bodies a grave. Unlike Sweden which has already legalized human composting, Canada has yet to release legislation but I believe as more support grows Canada could soon follow.

Messages In This Thread
Washington Legalizes Human Composting - by DanielBerhe - 05-23-2019, 05:09 AM