Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
How space affects women and men differently
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-49744892
Some 564 people have been into space - 65 of them women. That's despite the fact that the first woman in space, Soviet cosmonaut Valentina Tereshkova, went into orbit as early as 1963.

It took Nasa 20 years to catch up and in 1983 Sally Ride became the third woman, and first American woman to go into space. Before her voyage she was asked by the media if she was taking any makeup on her trip and whether she cried when there were malfunctions in the flight simulator.

On Friday 18 October, Nasa conducted its first ever all-female spacewalk, after plans earlier this year were scrapped because of a lack of medium-sized spacesuits to fit one of the astronauts.
Women are more likely to feel sick when they go into space, men are more likely to get re-entry sickness when they come back to Earth.

Men have more problems with their vision and hearing when they get back from space which women don't get. When women return they do have problems managing their blood pressure so they feel quite faint.

So there are some subtle differences and we don't know if that's to do with hormonal differences or more physiological changes that are occurring. And long-term, understanding those differences will help us understand more about human health on Earth.

This is quite fascinating however,i am curious as to how space would affect various animals. perhaps forced evolution is possible.
I wonder if space travel leads to mutations on the chromosomal or DNA level. I think more information about the side effects should be made known to people through even more researches.
I really love how they developed a medication for stopping periods of females who go to space. Cause that will cause a lot of discomfort for them. But my question is doesn’t this medication cause later problems for these females?
It is quite fascinating to learn that space affects men and women differently. Would kind of result will information like this have? Especially regarding future plans to travel into space and inhabit Mars. What would be the ratio of men and travelling to Mars?