Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Secrets of the largest ape that ever lived.
https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-50409541

There continues to be more and more and more evidence of evolutions regarding apes, as they recently found a tooth from the largest ape recorded. Given the data and evidence found, the ape was to have been about 600 kilograms. Evidence shows the ape could stand up to be about 3 whole metres tall. Going back decades, this ape is though to have a common ancestor with us at around 12 million years ago. I think it is simply incredible and amazing while mind blowing, that researchers nowadays could get all of that information from the past, from fossils and environment etc. This ape is called Gigantopithecus blacki. The fossilized tooth, found from this ape, is being used now in comparison to apes in the present, to see the difference in evolution over millions of years. This ape was thought to have lived in Asia about 2 million years ago. I believe this information is incredible to think about, how we are able to look back millions of years and find information about living things and compare them to today's animals. I know researchers will continue to find more information and the human race will become more knowledgeable regarding the past. I believe using past environment conditions and fossils found, we can use this information to also lead us in certain directions in how the future could form for us. Anyone else agree? What do you think on the research of evolution regarding the discovery of fossils?
I do love reading discoveries about fossils and their origins. It is a great way to find out more about ancient lives and also clues that relate them back to humans. The Earth is known to go through changes many times in its history and gaining knowledge from the past will most likely help us in predicting further changes.
this is a great evolutionary link to humans.
(11-14-2019, 02:57 PM)LydiaKlok Wrote: https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-50409541

There continues to be more and more and more evidence of evolutions regarding apes, as they recently found a tooth from the largest ape recorded. Given the data and evidence found, the ape was to have been about 600 kilograms. Evidence shows the ape could stand up to be about 3 whole metres tall. Going back decades, this ape is though to have a common ancestor with us at around 12 million years ago. I think it is simply incredible and amazing while mind blowing, that researchers nowadays could get all of that information from the past, from fossils and environment etc. This ape is called Gigantopithecus blacki. The fossilized tooth, found from this ape, is being used now in comparison to apes in the present, to see the difference in evolution over millions of years. This ape was thought to have lived in Asia about 2 million years ago. I believe this information is incredible to think about, how we are able to look back millions of years and find information about living things and compare them to today's animals. I know researchers will continue to find more information and the human race will become more knowledgeable regarding the past. I believe using past environment conditions and fossils found, we can use this information to also lead us in certain directions in how the future could form for us. Anyone else agree? What do you think on the research of evolution regarding the discovery of fossils?
I agree with you, it is incredible how researchers and scientists can use the things found from hundreds of years in the past and still be able to find tons of information on it. Also how the information can help provide links to other things and situations from the past or even towards the future.
(11-16-2019, 05:26 AM)Idris_A Wrote: this is a great evolutionary link to humans.
yes, it is and now think about what if we were not the only one who evolved form this species and there are a species who might be smarter than humans and overthrow us like planet of the ape's movie plot. could it happen?
Wow am fascinated how these scientists can use a Roth to find out so much about this ape. Is really interesting how much information was discovered
It is incredible to think of the seer size of an ape that big. I also wonder if it would be possible to genetic modified human DNA with the ape DNA to create a human-ape breed.