Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brazil’s Amazon Deforestation Highest since 2008
Deforestation in the Brazilian Amazon Forest has increased by 29.5% in 12 months, the highest since 2008. The rainforest lost 9,762 sq km (3,769 sq miles) of its vegetation between August 2018 and July 2019. This can cause a great affect to us humans and our environment. The loss of soo many trees and vegetation can impact us in a negative manner. It could contribute to global warming or climate change. I believe that we need to find new ways of securing our trees so that our world isn’t affected negatively. Trees help provide clean oxygen for humans and are used for many other things, if we keep losing trees we won’t have any to use. 

Any ideas on how we could help grow and protect our trees and vegetation? What do u think we could do to minimize the amount of deforestation around the world? Any other comments?
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-50459602
The population of the world is exponentially increasing and this is sad because more forests are going to be destroyed and more natural habitats cleared off to create more space for the human species.
i find it very scary to understand that the percentage is that big in only one year. and in 11 months, much of the space the forest used up is no longer used by the forest. I believe that if we continue on this path not only the brazilian amazon forest, but all forests will decrease in size slowly but surely until there is nothing left. The human population is too overwhelming for the environment in which we live. Gases which we put into the air, space we take up, disturbances of ecosystems. I don't think the human race really understands the effect we have on the environment and world we live in. Without understanding this, we then will not be able to stop or prevent any drastic disturbances and events, such as the elimination of forests, or endangered animals.
Some times you can’t stop the deforestation cause it can be caused by natural fire. But what we can do to help is find a new way of producing paper, napkins etc. some companies like ten trees have came up with the idea that if u buy one of their product they will plant ten trees, and this has been somewhat of a success. Cause most people would rather prefer to get clothing from other stores.
Even with the 20 million trees to be planted with the lost of an entire ecosystem like this, the impact on release on carbon sinks, pollution due to combustion will be devastating.
This is something very sad to hear, and quite frightening as the numbers of deforestation are just increasing. I agree, the loss of trees and forests can negatively impact not only us humans, but the wildlife living in these forests whose habitats are being destroyed. In the article, it states that this accelerated rate has be caused by president Jair Bolsonaro being elected into office. This leads me to believe that some politicians just do not care for the environment, and do not believe in climate change. I have heard many politicians explain how climate change is a hoax and cannot be real. This is sad as these same politicians have to power to stop these terrible things from happening, yet are usually only making situations worse.
(11-20-2019, 01:58 PM)LydiaKlok Wrote: i find it very scary to understand that the percentage is that big in only one year.  and in 11 months, much of the space the forest used up is no longer used by the forest. I believe that if we continue on this path not only the brazilian amazon forest, but all forests will decrease in size slowly but surely until there is nothing left. The human population is too overwhelming for the environment in which we live. Gases which we put into the air, space we take up, disturbances of ecosystems. I don't think the human race really understands the effect we have on the environment and world we live in. Without understanding this, we then will not be able to stop or prevent any drastic disturbances and events, such as the elimination of forests, or endangered animals.
I agree with you completely, we need to learn to understand and be careful as to the affects we have on our environments.
I feel that there is not really a perfect solution that can protect all of the trees. However, everyone can help by planting more and more trees. One big concern is that as the world expands more and more everyday, there will be mass deforestation that will be cleared for construction of new buildings.