Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Last decade on course to be warmest
Information 
https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-50608845

This is basically stating that climate change is taking a world effect and we are seeing the effects right now. Looking back at records, it is said that we are currently in to be the warmest decade recorded, when looking back at the years from 2010 to now. This is kind of scary to think about, but very real. When scientists look at records from 2010-now and say that we are on the course for having the warmest recorded decade. It would make sense because from 2010-2019 the population around the world has greatly increase, which would also cause an increase in emissions and wastes being put into the environment, which all leads up to climate change and global warming, which is being shown as effects here. 2015-2019 is the warmest five year period in records. That means we are getting closer and closer to the peak, to the end where we would have destroyed our planet so much that there is nothing left.
The amount of pollution we have is not good and we need to find a way to cut back on it big time and as soon as possible before we make more damage to our planet. Although the stage we are at now is quite bad we need to prevent it from getting worse. Even though warmer climates sound great for us here in Edmonton since its always cold, it is not a good thing at all. Our planet is slowly tearing apart and we need to take action.
It is so horrible to see that even though more awareness has been spread about climate change, but more pollution have have been emitted in the past decade. I wonder where humans are going with destroying the earth. At this rate, we might get to a stage where saving the earth might be too late.
It is really sad that the effect of climate change will not be felt by us but rather felt by the next generation, we are leaving them a dreadful inheritance.
Lets hope we are able to collectively come together and fix the wrongs we have made. I hope for my future and future generations that we will be able to create a healthy clean environment.