Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inventing Sign Language for Space
British sign language is receiving an astronomical update because of a unique collaboration between a space scientist and a group of deaf astronomers. The realized that there were no terms to describe recent discoveries in the world of astronomy. So they are trying to create some terms and ways to communicate. 

The creation of new astronomical terms using sign language is a very creative idea and potentially could help with space communication. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/science-envi...-for-space
What are your thoughts about this new "language"? Do u think it will provide benefits for astronomy?
This is amazing to hear, and I believe that this is only fair, that people whom are disabled should be able to have the same chances as everyone else. I think this is brilliant as well we could use this new communication to talk from space to earth if something happens to the communication systems. So I think it is smart as a back up plan as well.
It is quite interesting to hear that new signs are being created for new discoveries in the field of astronomy. I do believe some of the deaf astronomers or other deaf scientist that were unable to understand or communicate are now able to and could quite possibly add more insight.
It's great to see things to adapt to new ideas, when sign language was created there was fewer words (probably), there was no use of putting complicated words which scientist would use because there were no scientist or astronomers that were deaf, can't wait to see which profession will need sign language to adapt again.
This is really amazing to see. I wonder what other opportunities will be made with the inventions and new technologies at hand.
This is a really great thing! This new system will be very advantageous and inclusive to those with hearing impairments. This new idea allows for the deaf to take part in their dreams of travelling in space in an easier way.
(12-30-2019, 08:25 AM)LydiaKlok Wrote: This is amazing to hear, and I believe that this is only fair, that people whom are disabled should be able to have the same chances as everyone else.  I think this is brilliant as well we could use this new communication to talk from space to earth if something happens to the communication systems. So I think it is smart as a back up plan as well.
Now am liking this Morten generation like everyone is given a chance even disable people. And more ways are being introduced on how people who are disabled can also partake of what going on