Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A million species at risk, so what is saved?
https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-50788571

this is a very good question. I definitely feel this is because of humans and our increasing population, along with the whole climate change dilemma. But reading this article I found some positive information regarding a decade long project to save an endangered bird, which indeed resulted in the birth of two chicks and a chance for a population strike. With millions of species around the world that are endangered, I believe it is nearly impossible to save them all. With all of the destruction we do to our earth it would only make sense to see an increase in endangered species.It is not easy to save a species from being extinct, as it would take many years or even decades of hard work, I believe that this is very sad. As us humans made a problem for these species to be endangered and that makes a permanent mark on the rest of the world, and yet it will take years and years to fix the mistakes made, and even then most of them may not be saved.  In my opinion, Humans are the problem. And after reading this article I read "that is the fault of us humans.", makes sense. 

Without a doubt, the endangered populations of numerous species is the fault of humans. After identifying our mistake, we must now look to fixing the error. Do whatever we can to protect the animals and allow then to repopulate. Land must be allocated back to the animals and be protected from poachers. Maybe one day, endangered animals can be fully cloned and the species can repopulate.
It's kinda sad to think that next generation or the one after that won't know as many animal species as we do, we have to responsible for our action, I hope that countries would do something about their ecological footprint and help endangered species. but that won't happen if we don't do something ourselves to deliver the message to our government that we want something done about this, either by talking or by action.
The number of species threatened is almost unbelievable. In all honesty, humans might have to swallow the bitter pill sooner or later that we have caused destruction of organisms and there may be no way to remedy the damage done.
(12-30-2019, 03:05 PM)Justin Robertson Wrote: Without a doubt, the endangered populations of numerous species is the fault of humans. After identifying our mistake, we must now look to fixing the error. Do whatever we can to protect the animals and allow then to repopulate. Land must be allocated back to the animals and be protected from poachers. Maybe one day, endangered animals can be fully cloned and the species can repopulate.
Yeah but that’s the problem we know our mistakes but not trying to fix it even if we knew our mistakes the solve created caused more harm