Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hydrogen Powered drone that only emits water as it waste.
https://www.bbc.com/news/av/business-508...ure-travel

Hydrogen-powered drones have several advantages over conventionally powered lithium ions ones, says Dr Enass Abo-Hamed of H2GoPower, and could even point way to lower carbon air travel.

This is cool, to think that we have successfully created a more time consuming but more efficient automotive capable of fully running on hydrogen which produces only water as it waste product, although issues may arrive for the fully conversion from natural gas to hydrogen the is unimaginable improvement to the pollution of our planet.
Considering that hydrogen is everywhere  this new source of energy will be available to everyone and economically lost jobs in the oil sands can be directed to the manufacturing of hydrogen automotives. However do you guys believe that the increase in the water on earth will results in problem and will the waters be contaminated and affect the environment in other ways.
This is really amazing to hear about a seemingly more conservative method of powering the drones. But as you said, the contamination of water bodies may also be a problem especially if the waste is harmful
How would a drone powered by a lithium ion battery produce any waste products? As well, I doubt that people who lose there jobs in the oil sands would be qualified to receive a job in automotive manufacturing. Regardless, I think it is quite amazing the drones can now be powered by hydrogen and I am excited to see what new and exciting technology awaits us in the future.
(01-07-2020, 04:44 PM)Racheal Edoamen Wrote: This is really amazing to hear about a seemingly more conservative method of powering the drones. But as you said, the contamination of water bodies may also be a problem especially if the waste is harmful
I mean is amazing but true the water that is emitted can be harmful but am sure thier is a way to make the waiter clean and purify for drinking and other safe purposes.
Its extremely important that new ways to produce energy is developed and although there are setbacks with new technology, any step is a step in the right direction. Its really cool that drones can be powered on just hydrogen taking into account the waste that batteries create. With the advancement is solar energy, it would take an area of 43,000 square miles, or 1.2 percent of the Sahara Desert, of solar panels to replace all other sources of energy and power the entire planet. Any development in replacing fossil fuels is a good one.
https://tinyurl.com/tkcu298