Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Food 'made from air' could compete with soya
Finnish scientists producing a protein "from thin air" say it will compete with soya on price within the decade. The protein is produced from soil bacteria fed on hydrogen split from water by electricity.The researchers say if the electricity comes from solar and wind power, the food can be grown with near-zero greenhouse gas emissions. This could help fight our war against preserving the earth. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-51019798
That’s amazing but will the protein be more nutritious as soya and from
The prices of getting this new protein won’t it be expensive for consumers
(01-10-2020, 12:23 PM)Chidera Ndukwe Wrote: That’s amazing but will the protein be more nutritious as soya and from
The prices of getting this new protein won’t it be expensive for consumers
Price will 100% be a problem with this new protein but with the rising danger from carbon emissions, i believe it should be worth the price
Wow, this is really interesting to see. I wonder how long it would take before the average consumer can afford this new protein
Hopefully this and other brilliant technology in the upcoming years will bring us another step closing to fighting climate change. I do however wonder how safe this new protein will be and when it will be commercially available.