Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DNA tool could correct 89% of genetic defects
after reading this, I understand the point behind it, and that everyone wants to be born "normal" and "healthy", but I cannot help but think that we were all born with certain characteristics, even if for some those might be defects. These characteristics were given to use for a reason and we should not have to change our DNA because of it, so ethics does play in big role in the production of science. But furthermore, for those who believe that if there is a way to make someone healthy and normal then it should be done. This tool can be used to prevent diseases and also treat them. Researchers say they are not fuller there to changing DNA associated with disease to the right cell type, but is said to be in the near future. 
This new tool offers a new option for people with diseases and gives them a second chance. In my belief I do not think we should be changing our own DNA, but there are a whole different type of scenarios that go along with it. What does everyone else thing when regarding this to ethics?
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-50125843

Messages In This Thread
DNA tool could correct 89% of genetic defects - by LydiaKlok - 10-22-2019, 10:47 AM