Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DeepMind AI achieves Grandmaster status at Starcraft 2
https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-50212841

This article talks about how this company called DeepMind had made their first AI and wanted to reach the highest rank in a well known tactical and strategic game called starcraft 2 (i say well known because I know quite a few people same or younger than me still playing it). What it's amazing is that it actually did gain that rank meaning that this AI is pretty tough and can probably beat players that are not pro. If don't know how starcraft works I recommend picking it up(it's free on the blizzard launcher) or watch a few videos about it, but anyways there are multiple factors for the AI to consider/there are so many choices for the AI and the opponent to do that there are so many multiple outcomes. 
In the end, DeepMind had made an AI that can compute fast and is quite flexible meaning this AI can probably be the same level as a military tactician meaning it could take over, that's something I might fear but be fascinated with with that we can make a supersmart intelligence. What are you guys thought about the future of artificial intelligence?
that is amazing to believe and here that a company could make something so fast and flexible regarding AI. I do agree with you as, I too would be fearful of this. AI continues to grow faster and faster each day, this could cause catastrophic future affects, although it will also bring fascinating help to our world. If people in the world do get ahold of technology that could do some serious damage it would not be good. I disagree with AI as it continues to take jobs. AI could cause serious damage to our world, but there is nothing stopping it now, we have come too far. Would you agree?
(11-03-2019, 02:04 AM)LydiaKlok Wrote: that is amazing to believe and here that a company could make something so fast and flexible regarding AI. I do agree with you as, I too would be fearful of this. AI continues to grow faster and faster each day, this could cause catastrophic future affects, although it will also bring fascinating help to our world. If people in the world do get ahold of technology that could do some serious damage it would not be good. I disagree with AI as it continues to take jobs. AI could cause serious damage to our world, but there is nothing stopping it now, we have come too far. Would you agree?
I do agree with you that AI stealing jobs is a terrible thing. Still, there's a point that they can do it much faster and effectively than people and at a lower cost which will be a considerable motive to a significant company to cut corners, resulting in a massive change to the economy, and it could be for the better or the worst. Better in that, products are cheap and abundant and worst that we would consume more material and wase more, also the people who usually make it lose the job and programmers and engineers might be in higher demand. This is somewhat bad because those require some post-secondary which the people who were fired don't have. Anyways I see that capitalism is holding us back a bit, but anyways there has to be a change, so what should that change be?
Artificial intelligence in all has its own advantages, but it also raises some questions; ethical especially. It is sad that it leads to many jobs being lost, but then again it is just some of the changes humans will most probably have to get used to.
I am quite optimistic for the future of AI. Many accomplishments such as this are just some of the incredible feats AI is capable of. As it continues to develop, AI will be able to complete complicated tasks and develop solutions to problems. AI can become dangerous and could potentially take over our world, but if developed properly, AI will be our greatest invention.